- Cases, Bags & Housings
- Follow Focus
- Recording Media
Sound “Video” Devices Pix-E 5 Full HD Monitor/SDI/ 4K / Pro-Res 4444 XQ Recorder
In stock with our Supplier ready to ship in 1-2 working days, but may be subject to variations.Full HD, Ultra-Bright IPS Touchscreen/ TapZoom™ for Rapid Focus PIX-Assist™/ Monitoring Tools /4K Recording Apple ProRes HQ / Real Buttons for Fast Tactile Control / Robust Die-Cast Metal Chassis / Virtually Indestructible Gorilla® Glass 2.
- 5" 1920 x 1080 Touchscreen Display
- Records 4K (4096 x 2160) up to 24 fps
- Records 1080p up to 60 fps
- ProRes 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 Encoding
Sound Video Devices Pix-E 5 5 Inch Monitor/Recorder
Compact and powerful, the Video Devices Sound Video Devices Pix-E 5 5 Inch Monitor/Recorder can record 4K video over HDMI and 1080p over 3G-SDI to USB 3.0 SpeedDrive SSDs. Not only is the PIX-E5 a powerful recorder, it also has a built-in 5″ 1920 x 1080 resolution touchscreen for monitoring framing, checking focus, and displaying scopes. Video Devices designed the PIX-E series of recorders to be compact so you can use them with small cameras and camcorders without weighing them down excessively.
As a subsidiary of Sound Devices, Video Devices implemented a few pro-audio features as well. Aside from being able to record audio from the digital video connections, the PIX-E5 has analog audio inputs in the form of 3.5mm jacks. To expand the pro-audio capabilities of the PIX-E5, a separately available XLR audio mixer with meters can screw into the bottom 1/4″-20 tapped hole.
- Video Recording
- The Sound Video Devices Pix-E 5 5 Inch Monitor/Recorder can record resolutions up to DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) from HDMI sources and uncompressed 1080p from 3G-SDI sources in the Apple ProRes format in up to 4444 XQ. DCI 4K can be recorded at up to 24 fps and up to 30 fps in UHD (3096 x 2160). HD footage can be recorded at up to 60p for slow motion or projects requiring that frame rate. All inputs have a loop-through output which can go to a client or director’s monitor.
- High-Resolution LCD Touchscreen and Controls
- With a bright 1920 x 1080 resolution touchscreen IPS LCD, the PIX-E5 can display scopes clearly, as well as perform precise punch-ins for focus confirmation. The capacitive touchscreen can be used to navigate menus as well as direct the focus punch-in area. Even though the large touchscreen is convenient, Video Devices has also implemented their intuitive, classic rotary encoder menu navigation style found on the PIX-240i as well as their classic tactile dome-shaped buttons so you can change your settings without putting fingerprints on the screen. For durability, the glass on top of the LCD panel is Gorilla Glass 2 which is scratch and shatter resistant.
- SpeedDrive Media
- The PIX-E records to affordable and fast SpeedDrives. SpeedDrives are based on industry standard mSATA drives contained within a custom-designed USB 3.0 enclosure. The SpeedDrive, which plugs directly into the Sound Video Devices Pix-E 5 5 Inch Monitor/Recorder, can double as a standard USB 3.0 thumb drive for very high speed offload to any computer without the need for a special cable or drive docking station. SpeedDrives can be bought stand-alone or as an enclosure to hold a 3rd party mSATA drive for more capacity options.
- The Sound Video Devices Pix-E 5 5 Inch Monitor/Recorder can operate off external 10 to 34 VDC or with readily available Sony L-mount batteries. If you switch power sources during operation, the PIX-E5 will seamlessly switch without causing a shutdown.
As well as the Sound Video Devices Pix-E 5 5 Inch Monitor/Recorder we have an incredibly wide range of Monitors / Recorders and Accessories for all your content creation requirements. Have a look at the main page for more products that will help with your shoot.
Since the 1930’s PEC has always been a leading light of the British Film industry, to this day we still stock a wide range of film products, from splicing tape, magnetic stock and spacing all in 16mm, 35mm and 70mm to CIR Splicers, Viewers and Competitors (Picsync)
As well as our film equipment we also stock a wide range of cutting edge cameras and supporting technology, including Audio, LIGHTING, MEDIA, POWER, EQUIPMENT SUPPORTS, MONITORS and much more.
We also offer an in-house product repair and service. Our other services include: Broadcast Studio Design, System Integration, Studio automation and networking.