- Cases, Bags & Housings
- Follow Focus
- Recording Media
Videomic Pro R Compact Directional On-camera Microphone
Broadcast recording quality condenser microphone
The Videomic Pro R Compact Directional On-camera Microphone is a true shotgun microphone designed for use with camcorders, DSLR cameras and portable audio recorders as a source of primary and reference audio.
At the heart of the VideoMic Pro is an all-new 1/2″ condenser capsule that provides broadcast-quality audio via a 3.5mm minijack connector (outputting the mono signal to both left and right channels) with an incredibly low self-noise of just 14db. A super-cardioid polar pattern ensures that surrounding audio is minimised, and your recording is focused on the subject in front of the camera.
The integrated Rycote® Lyre® based shock mounting system separates the Videomic Pro R Compact Directional On-camera Microphone capsule and electronics from its mount, providing isolation from external physical factors that may cause unwanted rumble and vibrations in the microphone. Constructed from a single piece of hard-wearing thermoplastic, the Lyre® provides superior acoustic suspension to traditional elastic solutions, and will never wear out, sag or snap.
Easily accessible on the rear face of the microphone are the power, filter and level controls. In addition to the microphone’s native 40Hz-20kHz response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded.
Below these controls are the level settings, which attenuate or boost the recorded level as required. The -10dB level attenuation (or PAD) is ideal for recording loud sound sources, such as live music, motorsport, or interviews where the subject is very close to the camera. The +20dB level boost is designed for use with DSLR cameras, allowing the user to reduce the camera’s preamp level (or mic-input level), effectively reducing the amount of noise generated by the camera’s comparatively low quality audio circuitry.
The microphone uses a standard sized shoe mount for on camera use, and features a 3/8″ thread in the base of the mount for easy boom pole mounting.
The VideoMic pro is battery powered, and provides over 70 hours recording from a single 9V battery.
- Rycote® Lyre® shock mounting onboard
- All new capsule with lower noise and higher sensitivity
- Compact form factor (150mm/6” length)
- Ultra lightweight (85g/3oz)
- 9V battery powered – over 70 hours use (alkaline)
- Integrated shock mounting
- Integrated foam windscreen
- 3.5mm stereo mini-jack output (dual mono)
- Two step High Pass Filter (flat, 80Hz)
- Three position level control (-10dB, 0, +20dB)
- Camera shoe mount with 3/8” thread for easy boompole mounting
- As well as the Videomic Pro R Compact Directional On-camera Microphone we have an incredibly wide range of Mics and Accessories for all your content creation requirements. Have a look at the main page for more products that will help with your shoot.Since the 1930’s PEC has always been a leading light of the British Film industry, to this day we still stock a wide range of film products, from splicing tape, magnetic stock and spacing all in 16mm, 35mm and 70mm to CIR Splicers, Viewers and Competitors (Picsync)
As well as our film equipment we also stock a wide range of cutting edge cameras and supporting technology, including Audio, LIGHTING, MEDIA, POWER, EQUIPMENT SUPPORTS, MONITORS and much more.
We also offer an in-house product repair and service. Our other services include: Broadcast Studio Design, System Integration, Studio automation and networking.
Acoustic Principle: Line Gradient
Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter
Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
Address Type: End
Frequency Range: 40Hz – 20kHz(selected HPF @80)
Output Impedance: 200Ω
Maximum SPL: 134dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
Maximum Output Level: 6.9dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load
Sensitivity: -32.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (20.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 14dB-A
Power Options: 9V Battery
Dimensions: 100mmH x 75mmW x 170mmD
Output: Minijack 3.5mm Output